CoCM Psychiatric Consultant
RubiconMD started in 2013 with the mission to democratize healthcare and ensure that all patients have access to the care they need no matter who they are or where they live. Given the unprecedented mental health needs with over 6,000 physicians on our platform, we were asked to expand beyond eConsults to support the ever-growing and more complicated demand for behavioral health and substance use services. We have answered this call with the launch of our BHcare product, continuing to match technology with specialists within a collaborative care model.
We are looking for specialists to join our BHcare team who are interested in helping us deliver psychiatric consultation services within the collaborative care model (learn more here) to behavioral care managers in primary care offices nationally. Our specialists spend up to 3 hours per week for each clinical unit reviewing information uploaded to the platform, attending case reviews, submitting recommendations, and responding to messages and ad hoc meeting requests. RubiconMD specialists are covered under our malpractice policy, licensed by RubiconMD in all states of care where they provide services and are compensated at an agreed upon hourly rate.
- Provide one-hour weekly scheduled caseload consultation to behavioral health care managers (“BCMs”) via video conference for cases previously prioritized and uploaded to the platform. The number of cases per hour will not exceed 7.
- Review ahead of time the clinical information (mental health and medical) available in the platform about the cases prioritized for caseload consultation.
- At least once a month utilize and review the caseload registry to identify cases to discuss.
- Recommend any treatment adjustments through the case review process or in ad hoc consultations related to previous case reviews, including medication recommendations and other interventions, within one (1) business day of consulting with a BCM or other team members through a written consult on the platform.
- Support the capacity-building efforts by continuously providing education during the interactions with BCMs and PCPs.
- Follow clinical and administrative direction of the Medical Director, including best practices, a standard recommendation template, and meeting response time expectations.
- Be available to provide asynchronous message responses and occasional P2Ps with BCMs and primary care providers according to predetermined criteria, the majority of which should be completed during the pre-scheduled times that the physician is available.
- Coordinate with other psychiatric consultants for vacation coverage.
- Follow and adhere to any facilities’ privacy and security policies and procedures with regards to PHI.
On an ad hoc basis, as requested, provide the following types of services for a negotiated rate per hour based on activity:
- Clinical program consultation with clients
- Training development and delivery
- Gather online, publicly available resources to be used for behavioral health content creation
- Use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the behavioral health content sourced is up-to-date and comes from reputable sources/organizations
You would be a great fit if you possess:
- An active U.S. medical license and board certification in psychiatry
- An interest in, or experience, educating early- to mid-career Behavioral Care Managers
- Strong understanding of or experience with primary care, ideally with collaborative care
- Technical acumen
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Membership in a growing community of specialist leaders
- A dedicated support team to help you navigate the platform and answer questions you have
- Ongoing feedback and an easy way to keep track of the impact you make on the platform
- Continuous product and workflow improvements as we grow
- Our hiring philosophy
Our Hiring Philosophy
RubiconMD’s founding mission is to democratize medical expertise, so that all patient populations have access to the care they need. In order to deliver on this, we focus on empowering primary care providers, who we believe are the key to a thriving, equitable health care system. It’s no small order, but we can achieve it with the right team. That’s why we hire people with drive and leadership, who are also highly accountable—to each other, to the providers we serve, and to the impact we exist to make.
RubiconMD is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against persons of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, age, disability, and genetics.
Apply for this job